Common Types of Termites You Should Know
Termite pests stand out for being very destructive compared to those other insects. That is why it is so important to carry out a good wood treatment in San Diego to prevent and eliminate termites, thus avoiding much of the damage they can cause.
There are thousands of species of termites throughout the world. In San Diego, we find the subterranean termites, the damp wood termites, and the Canadian dry wood termites, which are the ones that mainly concern us. Beyond all of them, below, we want to make a brief review of some of the types of termites that we all should know.
Types of Termites
- Queen termite and king termite: these are the termites that ensure reproduction in the colony. They hardly move, they can even live for more than 20 years and they lay thousands of eggs.
- Worker termites: they do not stop working, they represent the majority of the colony and they are the ones that carry out feeding, cleaning, and tunnel excavation work. They are the ones that cause damage to furniture and wooden structures.
- Soldier termites: defend the colony from enemy attacks. For example, ants.
- Winged termites: they are the future queens and kings. They have the reproductive capacity and fly out of the termite mound in order to find places to establish new colonies. When they mate they lose their wings and burrow to form the termite mound. They are commonly confused with flying ants.
- Neotenictermites: they have a very specific mission, which is to replace the queen if she dies, or if there is a relevant alteration in the termite mound. If there is a need to increase the colony, neotenic termites can lay eggs, and even form secondary termite mounds.
At Turbo Termite & Repair, as specialists in eliminating termite pests and offering Termite Repair in San Diego, for Homeowners. They also offer termite inspection for Real Estate agents in San Diego, CA, and understand the importance of detecting and getting rid of termites. Thanks to our termite tent San Diego County, CA products, we will ensure all these wood eaters are terminated from existing in your building. We also have measures to prevent them from coming back.